Mit Dir sind hier gerade 41 -Fans online

Tribute von Kollegen

in Rick Parfitt 24.12.2016 21:02
von quolion | 499 Beiträge

Fish (ex-Marillion) wrote:

I was really sad to hear this news just an hour or so ago. I cannot remember a year laced with so much heartbreak and sorrow and the reality that January 1st is only a punctuation mark and not a restart bodes badly for us all as age and illness creeps up on our peers.

I'd known Rick since the 80's when StatusQuo and Marillion management shared offices in Victoria in London.We bumped into each other a lot in those days and shared many a stage together over the years. The last time I spoke to him was a couple of years ago when he phoned me up out the blue to recommend a neuro linguistic programme to stop smoking as we both had a terrible habit that we'd been trying to conquer and he knew I'd been suffering from vocal disorders. As always his wicked sense of humour had me reeling and the thought behind the call was typical of the man.

Caring, funny and so down to earth, always fantastic company I could picture that sly smile and the twinkling eyes on the other end of the phone.

Like many people I was very aware of his ongoing health issues and imminent retirement and wondered how he would handle not being on a stage as Quo more than any other band with their never ending 'farewell tours' seemed destined to play on forever.

I remember fondly the thumbs in the waistband of denims, elbows out and head bobbing routines on school disco dance floors as a teenager and the awe of meeting him for the first time in the Quo management offices years later as a then long haired cocky singer back in the early 80's. He put me in my place immediately and I loved him for that. His wit was sharp as a razor blade and he was so fast on the comeback and the putdown always deflected with that cheeky smile. He could be a moody bastard but was always readily forgiven as the wink at the end of any wise crack indicated any hurt was never really meant.He was a genuine old school rock star who had been there and sold a million t shirts. We lost another enormous character today who will never be replaced.

He may have been put down as a "3 chord" wonder by some but as I was privileged to hear on so many occasions they were the best fucking 3 chords a man could play.
My heart goes out to Francis, the band and crew, Rick's family and friends who will be crushed tonight.

RIP Rick Parfitt, I raise a glass this Christmas eve and salute you. You will be sorely missed by many.

nach oben springen

RE: Tribute von Kollegen

in Rick Parfitt 24.12.2016 21:08

Brian May schrieb:

RICK PARFITT - RIP DEAR BUDDY

Shocked and so sad to hear of the passing of Rick Parfitt.

Hard to find the right words...
You truly joyfully rocked our world.
RIP dear buddy.

Bri

zuletzt bearbeitet 24.12.2016 21:09 | nach oben springen

in Rick Parfitt 24.12.2016 21:39
von AndyQuo | 1.469 Beiträge

Wayne Morris auf Facebook:

The tears are running down my face ....I can hardly write this fucking message.......
I'm so gutted & sad, as I've lost one of my best buddies ....my dear friend Rick Parfitt. Wonderful memories of us writing together...and how proud I was to be able to sit next to one of my childhood heroes...and hear him say...things like "great riff that"..."oh I love that melody "...and "you're an absolutely brillant guitar player ...and I'm proud that YOU are MY buddy.".......Swimming/chilling & sharing stories around his pool with a glass of wine...I will cherish those moments for ever.
I will miss you deeply my friend...
We wanted to meet next week to work on two songs for your solo album.....on the phone you said "I'll bounce back...like I always do "...Sadly that wont be the case... 'cause your heavily rocked heart finally gave up...
My thoughts are now with your family...especially the twins....Love & strength Lyndsay, at this very sad time...and to Rick jnr & Harry...my deepest condolences.
Well Ricky.....my dear friend .....my mate....
you're gone now .....but one day we're gonna finish those songs.....
Praying for you...luv you ....miss you already....
This will be a bloody sad Christmas .
....but you know what.....I'm gonna do MY album now.You always said "get those songs out there..."....
I'll do it now....in your memory!
Rock on.W

nach oben springen

in Rick Parfitt 24.12.2016 22:51
von Bernd | 1.137 Beiträge

Mick Box von Uriah Heep:

Such devastating news that Rick Parfitt has passed away. Our paths have crossed many times in our rock n' roll life, and Rick was always the perfect gentleman with a great sense of humour, and he was an absolute pleasure to work with.
Rick has left a musical legacy bar none that has given so much joy to everyone around the world, and will continue to do so for many years to come. My thoughts go out to his family, and heaven has just gained a little bit more boogie.
RIP my friend! Mick URIAH HEEP

nach oben springen

in Rick Parfitt 24.12.2016 23:04
von AndyQuo | 1.469 Beiträge
nach oben springen

in Rick Parfitt 24.12.2016 23:37
von musiktruhe | 7.216 Beiträge

Was für eine geiles Foto.

nach oben springen

in Rick Parfitt 25.12.2016 00:42

Slade schrieb:

We were very saddened to hear of the loss of Rick Parfitt today. We have many great memories of the times we toured together. Rick was a very amusing and nice guy, we had so much fun when we went to Australia in the seventies, particularly the antics we got up to on a plane journey which nearly got us banded by the airline. It was all good fun just like Rick.

We send our love to his wife, children, Francis and the rest of the band, may they all have strength at this difficult time

Dave, Don, John and Mal

nach oben springen

in Rick Parfitt 25.12.2016 11:06

Simon Porter:

From Quo's Manager Simon Porter:

On behalf of family, band, management, crew, Rick’s many friends and, not least, Quo’s huge army of fans, I would like to thank everyone who has sent messages of sympathy and support today.

It is very much appreciated and perhaps now is the time to reflect at the end of a terrible day, coming at a time when we should all be celebrating both Christmas and the end of another year.

On a personal note, I have known Rick for over thirty years as a friend, PR and, for the past fifteen years, as Quo’s manager. There have been incredible highs, numerous laughs and some extremely dark periods. It has been an absolute rollercoaster and I probably wouldn’t have had it any other way.

I really think that we all thought that Rick was invincible, given his numerous and astounding recoveries from situations which would certainly have killed the average human being. Indeed, early this morning when I initially heard the news that he had taken a serious turn, my mind instantly thought that he would come around by Boxing Day.

Sadly, as we now know, his luck had run out and his line that ‘it will take more than death to kill me’ has taken a hollow ring. Quo fans should know and take comfort in the fact that his passing has, ironically, come at a time when Rick was in a happier place career wise than he had been for a long, long, time.

I had dinner with Rick in Malaga on Tuesday evening and met with him again on Wednesday morning. Although he was in pain from a shoulder injury incurred as a result of an accidental fall, he was in good spirits and extremely excited about the future. Rick had come to terms that he would be unable to tour with Quo again, but he continued to be very much part of the Quo machine and we discussed future plans for the band. More importantly, however, Rick was ecstatic and excited with the news and contracts that I was able to give him for his autobiography, a solo album and a UK ‘evening with’ tour, all scheduled to take place in May of next year.

Sadly and less than three days later, all of our exciting plans have now gone bust in an instant.

Rick was the ultimate Rocker and lived the dream, plus a whole lot more. In perhaps the worst ever year for showbiz deaths, it is perhaps fitting that he topped the list right at the end of the year. He would have liked that....

Bertold findet das Lustig.
nach oben springen

in Rick Parfitt 25.12.2016 11:49
von Bernd | 1.137 Beiträge

superinteressant, da saß Porter mit ihm vor ein paar Tagen noch zusammen beim Essen .... unfassbar und sehr berührend zu lesen ! Danke !

nach oben springen

in Rick Parfitt 25.12.2016 12:40

Simon Porter bestätigt etwas verklausuliert, dass Rick schon länger nicht mehr 100% zufrieden war bei Quo...

nach oben springen

in Rick Parfitt 25.12.2016 13:09
von jonathan64 | 45 Beiträge

"Thank you to all the Quo family everywhere for all the kind and heartfelt messages - we are in shock and can't express feelings right now .... Just thank you"

John Coghlan

nach oben springen

in Rick Parfitt 25.12.2016 14:06
von munichquo | 40 Beiträge

Airbourne
·

Today is QUO'smas. We're cranking the meanest right hand in British Rock'n'Roll all day. Rock In Peace Rick!! Your riffs and your Rock'n'Roll will live and rock forever!! 🇬🇧

nach oben springen

in Rick Parfitt 25.12.2016 14:11
von Merlin | 421 Beiträge

Today is QUO'smas.........Danke Airbourne.....und auch danke an Metallica.......da merkt man wie Rick Parfitt Musiker berührt hat

nach oben springen

in Rick Parfitt 25.12.2016 14:52

Bryan Adams:

RIP Rick Parfitt. Deepest condolences to Rick's family, Francis Rossi, Simon Porter and all the members of Status Quo

nach oben springen

in Rick Parfitt 25.12.2016 15:10
von livealivequo | 173 Beiträge

Rolf Harris:

So now we've lost Rick Parfitt from the mighty Quo. Such sad news. #RIP

Gary Lineker:

The year in which the Status Quo has shifted in so many ways ends with the loss of Rick Parfitt. How terribly sad. #RIP

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Georgetakei
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2751 Themen und 74205 Beiträge.

Heute waren 163 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen